Crossfit’s popularity has skyrocketed over the past few years and gyms are popping up in every neighborhood. As a business man and ex-college athlete, I love crossfit; the combination of high intensity workouts that rarely last over 45 minutes fits perfectly with my competitive nature and busy schedule. As a consumer the large increase in gyms has been great – I no longer have to travel 20 miles to work out and the level of competition has driven the monthly price down to a much more affordable rate. However, as a crossfit ‘box’ owner the amount of competition has taken a toll on even the top crossfit boxes. I decided to put together a list of 5 easy, simple and cost effective ways to market your crossfit box.
Here are some highly effective crossfit marketing strategies to grow your box:
1. Facebook Ads: Facebook ads can deliver high returns in a very short period of time for an extremely low cost, but we don’t recommend them for every business. They are only effective when your target customer regularly logs in to Facebook. Since the crossfit demographic skews younger, a good ad campaign can deliver amazing results. Facebook’s platform allows you to target people who are in crossfit groups, ‘like’ crossfit pages, and post updates with a crossfit hashtag. Our suggestion is to create a series newsfeed ad offering a free class or free trial at your gym targeting these groups. This type of ad generally registers a high click-through and conversion rate and your gym can see an influx of customers within a week.
2. Instagram: Almost all of our crossfit clients were already using Instagram when they hired us. Instagram is great because it has such a young and active user base (the average Instagram user spends three times as much on Instagram than any other social network). However, just posting pictures and videos to your account isn’t enough; if you aren’t actively reaching new users, there really isn’t much of a point. Instagram doesn’t allow ads (yet) so the only way to reach new users to be creative. These are a few of my favorites:
- Give away free swag at your gym (t-shirts, hats, etc.) in exchange for social media posts wearing them
- Hold competitions at your gym and encourage members to post their results
- Give away a free month of membership to any member who refers a paying member via social media
3. Groupon: I was hesitant to include this because the Groupon market is saturated with crossfit gym coupons, but I still believe its an effective marketing tool. The rationale behind the Groupon is simple: offer a short membership at a large discount. This is one of the oldest marketing techniques in the book – get people in the door at cost (or loss) and win them over with your awesome service. There are two main reasons it works for the crossfit model:
- Crossfit gym costs are extremely low so even at the discounted monthly cost, you can still breakeven.
- People who try crossfit even hate it or become obsessed. Your main concern should be getting people in the door, even if it means taking a slight loss the first month.
4.Corporate Programs/Local Businesses: I used to work at a large Fortune 100 company and they were constantly pushing fitness programs on employees by offering incentives to those who performed well. Working in this environment I know firsthand how much emphasis businesses put on employee wellness (and how much money they’re willing to spend on it). Penetrating a corporation isn’t easy, but here are a few suggestions on how to get involved in the business community:
- Attend BNI or Chamber of Commerce meetings and give out free pamphlets on proper exercise and dieting
- Offer businesses group or employee discounts for membership
- Offer to travel to a local park or company gym and give group classes
5. Free Weekend Workouts: In my experience 8 out of 10 gyms already offer some form of free workout, but its the most effective way to get customers in your gym. As I mentioned earlier, due to the cult like following crossfitters have, the main goal as a gym owner should be to get new customers in the door. In addition to free classes at your gym, you can also offer to do boot camp style classes at public parks. This not only gives your current member base a change up to their normal routine, but also gets your business out in front of hundreds of other people who come to the park to work out as well. Make sure you reach out to others at the park and offer them a free workout! 6. Search Engine Optimization: Obviously, we’re biased but SEO is the best way to market your crossfit gym for 2 reasons:
- Very few (if any) of your competitors are doing it
- It requires little to no effort on your part
Think about how much time you spend building your company’s social media profiles – but does anyone use social media to find a gym? Social media is great for interacting with your current customers and engaging with potential ones, but people aren’t going to Facebook to search for a gym. For that they use Google. The best part about SEO is you don’t have to lift a finger. The process is pretty simple:
- Person goes to Google and types in “Crossfit gym in Miami”
- Search query returns a list of websites of which yours is at the top
- Person clicks on your website and is directed to a lead capture form
- Person enters their information
- You get an email notification with an interested person’s name, email, phone number and questions/comments
Doesn’t that sound nice? This a gross over simplification of the SEO process but a good SEO company can deliver these results for your box. Watch what Yandy Roman from Crossfit Muscle Farm in Ft. Lauderdale and Downtown Miami has to say: We work with 63 Box Owners across the county and would love to work with you. You can speak to us on live chat by waiting 10 seconds on this page until the live chat box pops up or you can call us at 1-800-672-6974 .
When you’re dealing with high priced items like real estate, quality leads are tough to come by. Since we work with so many real estate firms as clients, I have a good grasp on their lead generation process. They generally stick to the following sources:
- Email list blasts
- Buying zip code blocks on websites like Zillow
We all know the #1 way to make sales is through good old fashioned networking – this is a necessary evil of the business and will always remain the number one way to generate real estate leads.
However, aside from that the real estate industry has yet to fully adopt online marketing techniques that can auto generate quality leads. But before I get into that process, let me just make one thing clear: NEVER BUY LEADS!
I understand that Zillow is a reputable site and you have made a couple of sales off of those email blasts, but for the most part they are a waste of your money and you don’t really know the quality of their lead generation process.
I can make this statement because I have succumb to purchasing leads and there is nothing more awkward then a sales call like this:
You: “Hello, Business X, I received your information from an online submission…”
Business X: “Where did you get my information? I don’t remember doing that. Stop spamming me!” Hangs up.
While Zillow does generate thousands of quality leads a day, those are their leads. A real estate sale is extremely personal – your leads need to come from your website, with your picture and with your listings – anything else is a waste of time.
So how does a website like Zillow get so many leads? Simply because when you search for ‘real estate listings’ their website pops up first. Real estate related searches registers tens of millions of searches each month – and with 94% of searchers only clicking on first page results, it’s really no secret how they generate so many opt ins.
Your business can have the same effect as Zillow simply by being present when people are searching for you. Unless you want to spend $1M a month on SEO, you’ll never outrank a giant like Zillow. However, what you can do is target specific niches in the market and dominates each of those.
Here is a list of potential keywords to optimize for your real estate business:
- [your city] ocean view condos
- [your city] ocean view homes
- ocean view condos [your city]
- ocean view homes [your city]
- [your zip] ocean view condos
- [your zip] ocean view homes
The list goes on, but I think you get the picture. The key is to pick extremely targeted keywords related to the types of real estate you’re selling. This does 2 things for you:
- The more targeted the keyword, the easier it is to rank your website
- The more targeted the keyword, the more likely that searcher is to be a buyer
Point number 2 is crucial – when it comes to real estate you have to target keywords from the perspective of a buyer. For example, some people type ‘mansions’ into Google just to look at pictures. You don’t want to spend thousands of dollars ranking for a high search volume keyword that delivers only window shoppers to your website. You want to make sure you are targeting keywords that will drive buyers to your website.
Cut Down on Costs and Time by Hiring Only Credible Professionals
You can employ a number of effective plastic surgeon SEO techniques. But how you effectively do this is also a skill that you must learn and acquire for yourself. You gain this in very much the same way as how you earned your expertise in the field of plastic surgery both actually takes some good amount of time to learn. With respect to your field of concentration, you can come up with a custom program marketing strategy for your plastic surgeon SEO techniques. This kind of targeted effort will go far beyond the conventional SEO techniques and Web marketing strategies you may be aware of that are usually practiced by most businesses in their online marketing campaigns. To help you come up with an educated and wise decision in choosing the company to handle your plastic surgeon SEO needs, you may want to consider the following points.
The amount of success that you can have in your practice greatly depends on testimonials, and you have a good understanding of this. When previous clients profess and vouch how good you are and how satisfied they are with your services to them, you in turn need to make good use of those to advance your interest and market yourself. Most of the SEO companies you will find on the Web will have a dedicated page on their official website for their client testimonials and accolades. This signifies that they are far more competent and trustworthy than any other companies.
Another important element in securing success for your online marketing efforts are good well searched array of relevant keywords. The absence of good keywords meticulously selected for your plastic surgeon SEO campaign will spell your doom, reason being that web users searching the Net for the kind of products and services that you offer will have no way of ever finding your business in the search engines. With respect to your aesthetic practice, indeed it can be very deleterious. You can just imagine first the amount of effort, money and other resources just to come up with a viable website, together with all the necessary elements in it, information as well as relevant links to it only to find out in the end that it is not performing as expected because there is no observable increase on the number of possible patients interested in your offer.
Regardless if you are getting the services of a local SEO company or one from overseas, you can trust that they are highly reliable and dependable if they have a good idea of what keywords to use for your plastic surgeon SEO needs. Only that after you hire them for your project, they would specifically pick out the right terms to use for your company.
- HTML Tags
Some people whose businesses have an online presence have this notion that good and effective use of carefully selected keywords alone would be more than enough to help their site land on the top pages of Google search results, wrong! This scarcely happens on Google. Google has other parameters in place to gauge the viability of a website; one important aspect of this that you should know is the proper use of tags in your website’s HTML code. Your title tag stands for what you have decided to name your site with; the meta tag would be for the selected keywords you’ve chosen to target; and the heading tags, also referred to as H1 tags when all these are combined together and utilized effectively will spell a big difference to your plastic surgeon SEO campaign. You need to make use of these tags wisely and in the right places throughout your website but not to a point that you are overusing them otherwise Google will simply flag down your site for spamming. An experienced SEO company will know exactly how to prevent this and make your site look good in the eyes of most search engines, specifically Google.
If you have this dire need to increase potential clients and convert them into regular ones, you need to make sure that you are employing ethical standards and utilizing too plastic surgery marketing techniques.
[thesislove_button link=”http://firstpagehq.com/lp/” newwindow=”yes” color=”blue”]Get A FREE Website Evaluation ($99 value)[/thesislove_button]